Real Estate

What documents do you require for a purchase?
Ask your realtor to send us a copy of the purchase contract and also ask your bank or broker to send us the mortgage instructions if you are buying with a mortgage.

What documents do you require for a sale?
Ask your realtor to send us a copy of the sale contract.

How much time do you need to prepare all the legal documents?
We prefer to receive your purchase and sale contract ten (10) business days before the completion date.

How much does it cost to represent us with our real estate transaction?
Any invoice always consists of three elements: our legal fees, disbursements (which are costs made on your behalf) and the GST/PST. Contact us for a quote!

What do we bring to the meeting?
Two pieces of valid government-issued identification.


We want to make our Wills. What is the process, where do we start?
We typically require two meetings with you: the first one to provide you with the relevant information, to review the law, discuss your options and take your instructions and the second one to review and sign the draft.

Can you witness a Will that I made myself?


Do I have to make an appointment?
In general, no. You can drop by anytime between 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday. However, an appointment is recommended if:

  • You have many documents;
  • A statutory holiday is coming up;
  • You would like a meeting before or after hours; or
  • You prefer peace of mind.

How long does this take?
If you have only 1 document and someone is available, 5 minutes or less. There might of course be people waiting ahead of you…

What if the document is in another language?
In general, this should not matter as long as you know what you are about to sign and can confirm under oath that the document is truthful. However, if we are not comfortable with witnessing your signature, we will happily refer you to a colleague who speaks your language.

Do you offer translation services?
No. If you require a certified translation, you should find a translator who is certified by the Society of Translators and Interpreters of BC:

What do I have to bring?
The document(s) to be signed and “two pieces of valid government-issued identification, one of which is showing your picture”. Examples of picture ID:

  • Driver’s licence
  • Passport
  • Permanent Residence Card
  • Citizenship Card

Examples of other ID:

  • BC Care card
  • SIN card
  • Credit card

What if I need a Certified True Copy?
If you require a certified true copy of an original document, we need to see the original document. We do not need to see your ID.